This beast of a bag was designed specifically for and with the assistance of train crews and is currently my most popular item! For railroad train crews, quite often it is necessary to walk quite a distance to get to your train, engines or dog catch van, while carrying your bag or bags and possibly an ice chest. The daypack type bag frees up and balances the weight of all that you need to carry as a rail for both walking and getting up on the engine.
Along with the common features all of our bags share...
- Dimensions: 21” H x 15” W x 81/5” ...footprint approx. 15” x 15 “.
- Full height open slash pocket on “back” side to allow custom padding to suit your needs.
- Capacity: Approximately 3900-4000 cubic inches in two compartments...
- The main compartment measures 15 W-20 H-9 D for about 2700 cu. in. There is a 14" deep slip pocket on inside that can be used for a laptop, magazines, etc.
- General Code Of Operating Rules (GCOR) compartment...for all required publications or documentation your railroad may require. This compartment also has an exterior zipper pocket and slash pocket for quick access to train lists, time tables, radio pack sets or any other items you typically use during your tour of duty or road trip.
- Large, open, elastic topped pouch on each side of bag for lanterns, thermos, shoes, etc.
- Wide, closed cell foam, padded shoulder straps with super lock adjusters.
- Compression straps on sides to snug bag against your body.
- Double carry/hang loops on top of bag.
- Railroad tested!!!